The Greene County Sheriff’s Office encourages community involvement in the law enforcement process and allows approved citizens, student interns, and law enforcement Explorer Scouts to ride as passenger observers in Sheriff’s Office vehicles for legitimate civic or educational reasons.
The following persons are eligible to participate in a Patrol Ride-Along:
- Members of educational programs such as the Sheriff’s Citizens Academy or Neighborhood Watch.
- College or university law enforcement students engaged in research or fulfilling project or program requirements.
- Law enforcement officers from other jurisdictions.
- Persons who have completed the screening process for the position of Deputy Sheriff with the Greene County Sheriff’s Office.
- Students currently enrolled in the Public Safety Institute’s (PSI) police academy program.
(You must save PDF file to computer and use that if you wish to type in responses)
Please mail or hand deliver your completed application:
Greene County Sheriff’s Office
10005 Spotswood Trail
Stanardsville, Virginia 22973