The Greene County Sheriff’s Office has established the Auxiliary/Reserve Deputy Sheriff Unit to support the sheriff’s office in both operational and administrative functions. With the assistance of the Auxiliary/Reserve Deputy Sheriff Unit, the Sheriff’s Office will be able to maximize the availability of its deputies to the community. The Auxiliary/Reserve Deputy Sheriff Unit will be comprised of non-paid volunteer citizens.
Auxiliary/Reserve Deputy Sheriffs will have a unique opportunity to participate in the working relationship between local law enforcement and the community. Auxiliary/Reserve Deputy Sheriffs will assist law enforcement officers with their routine duties and special events throughout Greene County.
Each Auxiliary Deputy Sheriff must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Not have a criminal record or history of drug abuse.
- Be able to successfully complete all required training
- Be physically capable of performing the required tasks and duties of the deputy position assigned
- Have a valid Virginia driver’s license.